Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Camp NaNo Outlining: Characters

I am going to start doing these 'Camp NaNo Outlining' series blogs where I show you how I outline by outlining my April Camp NaNoWriMo novel.

Now, this time I am using a method I have never used before, but it's for character outlining. It's where you ask your characters questions and you answer as him or her.

I will start out as the main character, Charles Jeremiah Issac Lee.

How old are you?
I am twenty-six years old. I will be turning twenty-seven in May.

What do you like to be called?



My slaves address me as Master Charles, but my friends and family call me Issac.

Do you fall in love? If so, who do you have a crush on, if anybody?



I wouldn't be one to fall in love. I don't speak to anyone much besides Jamie, but I feel that there's something there between us. Something I don't know if I should like or not.

Would you call yourself a nice guy?

I would. I treat my slaves with mild respect. I mean, they do my work after all.

Do you have a religion?


Yes, I am a devout Catholic.

And now it's time to meet Jamie Elizabeth Monroe, Issac's best friend and lover-to-be. :D

How old are you?

I am twenty-one. I'll be turning twenty-two in July.

What do you like to be called?

Jamie. I don't talk to my father's slaves (besides Dolly) and everyone calls me Jamie. No one really knows my full name.

Do you fall in love? If so, who do you have a crush on, if anybody?

I would probably be the last one to say that I fall in love rather quickly--but a lot of people wouldn't agree. But, to answer your question, I do fall in love. And I'd had a big crush on Issac for some time now.

Would you call yourself a nice girl?

I don't like to label myself anything. I let others decide what kind of person I am.

Do you have a religion?

I am a loose Catholic. The idea of 'God' doesn't appeal to me much, but I would one day like to see all of my dead relatives.

And that's how I am going to be analyzing my character's personalities. I will may have a few screen shots up later on of my outlining process.

No comments:

Post a Comment