Saturday, September 13, 2014

Welcome, Once Again

Hello, I am just gonna skip all of the formalities of "Sorry I've been gone, I suck at blogging," because I've done it a hundred times and probably won't stop.

If you click on the "projects" tab at the top of my blog, you will be taken to a page with a list. The first item on that list will be a story I wrote last Thanksgiving called Psithurisma. I finished that story a year ago, and now I'm kinda... re-opening it?

Psithurisma is a unique story. It's written in a very original way. It's set up like so:


0 1
dear god,

today i was outside and it was sunny, but it was raining too. i found this a terrific example of irony.
steve

0 2
dear steve,

i don’t like rain. it’s supposed to be so great but all it does is smell weird and stick your hair to your face. i don’t know why i created it.
god 

It's kinda written like letters, each letter being one chapter. The letters vary in length, but overall they aren't at all that long.

What I mean when I say I'm re-opening this project is that I'm building upon it. I've decided I'm gonna write 2 other stories like this and compile them into one... thing... called Letters Between Existence. I've already started working on part 2, Serein. I think I might call part three Finifugal.

The structure will be like this: Serein will be the first story to appear in the compilation. Serein is an exchange of letters between Death and a girl named Olivia, who is--essentially--Death's counterpart, Life. Then I will have Psithurisma, and it will end with Finifugal, because "finifugal" is an adjective that means hating endings (irony!!!). Part 1,   Serein, is an exchange between two non-existent entities; part 2, Psithurisma, is an exchange between an existent entity and a non-existent one; part 3, Finifugal, will be an exchange between two existent people. Thusly, Letters Between Existence.

Fun fact: you can actually read Psithurisma in its entirety if you click the "Psithurisma" tab.

I have high hopes for this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment